Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, June 1, 2009

Two Year Old Happiness

I've learned that Maddie does much better if I inform her of an upcoming task by saying, "After you finish ABC, it will be time for XYZ." Usually, she is pretty accomodating. Often, if task ABC is sort of long, I get distracted. She will come remind me of what we were supposed to do next, even if it is take a nap.
Maddie had been pleasantly playing dress ups with all sorts of things from the basement. About every 3 minutes she would arrive upstairs with yet another costume, asking for help to zip a zipper or tie a strap or untangle a necklace or something else. Nap time was approaching, so I gave her proper notice. "When you're done playing in the turtle costume, it will be nap time."
She smiled at me and said "Okay." Then she turned and headed straight up the stairs to her room. I found her soon, fast asleep on her bed happy as a clam (or shall I say turtle). That just can't be comfortable. Some of the time, she was on her back, like a turtle that got high centered and stuck upside down. The turtle shell is about 18 inches thick, right under her back. Oh well. Two year olds can be pretty easy to please, as long as it is on their terms.