Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, June 19, 2009

Bragging Rights - I Saw the Arveseth Babies First!!

All my friends from Fairfax can now be jealous. I mean, really, really jealous. Last night I got to go visit Catherine Arveseth and see her sweet new baby boys in the NICU. I had the honor of being their first Virginia visitor. Those boys are melt-your-heart cute. I got to hold little Gordon who is just about 4 pounds. He has the cutest miniature face and features and his entire brow wrinkles from the left side of his face to the right in three deep creases. He was wide awake the entire visit and never made a peep. After spending a day on the airplane wrestling 6 month old, chunky Jacob, it was hard to believe the twins could possibly be that teensy. Spencer was taking a snooze so no holding, just gawking at him. He is delicious too. It was so fun to catch up with Catherine and give updates on what all of you guys in Virginia are doing. It was a sad, sad parting again, but an unexpected blessing that we got to see each other at all. I miss my dear friend Cath so much and it was good for my heart to see her face and feel her sweet presence again. Ahhh. It was a really, really great night. I am a happy woman.

1 comment:

Cath said...

ANGIE - seeing you last night was a complete gift! I have missed you so much. Having you there with me and the boys for a time simply felt like home. I thought we might walk out of the hospital and drive to our little northern virginia town homes. But then we had to say goodbye. I kept lingering. It was hard to say the words. Thank you SO MUCH for coming to the hospital (especially the day you flew in). It meant so much to me. You were indeed our first Virginia visitor. So glad for the moment and the blessing of your friendship. You are dear and good and wonderful. I love you!