Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, July 18, 2008

Crazy Hair Day

So, I'm not quite sure how it started. I wonder if Catherine just got frustrated with trying to fix her hair up at camp without a decent shower or a mirror. Really, I don't know. I went in to wake up my Youth Leaders and kick them out of bed one morning. Catherine was up and fixing her hair. Finally, she declared that it was just going to be crazy hair day. She told me I had to participate. So, I whipped out my bag of elastic bands, and standing right there in their cabin, put ponytails all over my head. It was a contest after all, with chocolate as the prize. No one had had chocolate for days by now and I was going to win it!!

While we were off rock climbing, one of the cool 4th year girls, Melissa, offered to braid each of the ponytails for me. It looked even better by the time I got back to camp. Then I went swimming to cool off and we made the braids loop back into a circle, so I had big loops sticking up all over my head.

No one in camp was giving me any sort of true competition until dinner. Michelle Dart came to dinner with toothpaste, chapstick and a bunch of other stuff stuck in her hair. I had nothing more to offer. They ended up choosing to award one prize to an adult and one to a youth leader, so I was still able to get a treat and the sweet, sweet victory of winning.

The pictures just don't do it justice, but it was cool...






1 comment:

Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a great time at camp! Do we get to see pictures of this crazy hairdo?