Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Never Trust the Eyes of a 4 Year Old


Ben had a total tantrum the other day when it was time to leave his friend Brigham's house. Full out on the ground kicking, screaming and crying. Reasoning wasn't working, never mind we had just spent two hours at the pool together. So Brigham offered to let Ben borrow his Thomas train while he was on vacation for three weeks if he could calm down. A deal was made and we departed.

Within a block, he started freaking out. "I left the Thomas!" I was pretty sure he had it in his hand walking out, but couldn't totally guarantee it. I asked him to calm down, but he was nuts. Maddie was already falling asleep, though I don't know how she could with the wild screaming going on. Ben wouldn't calm down, so he couldn't earn the train back and boy did I hear it all the way home. That was a super long 15 minutes. I looked all over the floor of the truck when we got home and couldn't find the train. I figured we really had left it at Brigham's place.

First thing this morning, Ben was tantruming again because he wanted to go get the train at Brigham's house. I told him he had to earn it. It took 1 1/2 hours to clean up 20 books, 2 blankets and 10 pieces of clothes. Finally, I called Brigham's mom to see if we could drop by. She said they didn't have it, so I checked the truck again. Sure enough, Thomas was right in Ben's car seat. Touching the side of his leg the entire 15 minute drive with Ben scream at the top of his lungs. Lesson learned: never trust the eyes of a 4 year old when they tell you they looked everywhere.

Now we just need to figure out what to do about all these wretched tantrums. I've about had it...

No comments: