Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, July 28, 2008

The Glasses Are Going Great

The first week with glasses was a serious struggle. We learned real quickly that we should just not make a big deal about anything and it would always go over better. Rather than demanding he wear the glasses, I'd just say, after you finish eating your rice, can you go grab your glasses. Ben would grumble, but usually comply. Then when he had them on, would tell me he didn't like his glasses and didn't want to wear them. About two weeks after he got them though, I realized that I never had to ask anymore. I hadn't even noticed the change occurring. While he still claimed for several weeks that the glasses didn't make any difference except make the sun brighter, he wore them on his own. This week I've noticed that he will say things like, "Wait a minute, I have to get my glasses to help my eyes read that better." He does still claim that while he can see almost everything better, he cannot see the color grey better. Grey just looks bad still. I think I may look into color blind tests too since Brian has some trouble with his colors. One funny thing he said tonight was that my glasses weren't cool. He told me President Weber at church had cooler glasses than Mom or Ben. I asked what made his glasses so cool. His reply was that they had three lines in them (i.e. trifocals). He really wants trifocals now.

No comments: