Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weep-ons of War


Maybe you had to be there, and be so completely physically exhausted to think that weep-ons of war are funny, but me, my cabin mates and my YLs will forever snicker inside when we recall our week of weep-ons.

During 4th year certification, the Youth Leaders got really bored. They had pocket knives and started whittling sticks. Soon they found pointy rocks, etc, etc, wasn't long before they had made themselves spears and were acting like cavemen. Alexandra told us a story about her younger brother who had been reading scriptures with the family and read about weapons of war, but pronounced it weep-ons. So, the spears became weep-ons.

Alexandra and Tess began acting like cavemen, with tribal chanting, threatening terrible attacks, ridiculous dances, you know -- The Works. We adult leaders thought it was totally funny. I was in the dining hall after lunch and the girls came to ask where Sister Baker, our Stake YW President, was so they could show her all their new weep-ons. I told them they couldn't show her until they were in full costume with war paint. I knew just where to find face paint in the craft supplies. After getting in costume, we ran up the hill to the pool.

They had been running toward the pool before, so I ran with them. They got distracted talking to someone as we left the mess hall, so I ended up running in front. The girls were laughing so hard that they couldn't keep up. I told them to pick it up, don't let the pregnant lady beat them up the hill. By the time I got to the top, I was laughing so hard I could barely breath and was tripping on my feet.

From the pool, the Stake YW Presidency heard crazy Indian war cries, followed by me coming up over the crest of the hill. I totally tripped because I couldn't stand up anymore for the laughing and rolled across the ground. The girls were charging right behind me up to the top of the hill, spears raised and chanting. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long, long time. I totally LOVE camp. I show up the first of the week my regular self and come home a whole new, revived Angie. Camp is good for my soul. It teaches me and reminds me how it is to laugh with the zeal of youth.

Life is never better than at Young Womens Camp!

No comments: