Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Amazing Husband...


After Ben was born, he cried a lot. He would only be happy if I was holding him. I learned to be very efficient at typing with one hand on the computer and made up lots of little projects to occupy my time. Ben would sleep in my lap on the nursing pillow if I kept one hand on him. One of my made up projects became sort of an obsession. It took many weeks of one handed typing, learning to format, searching for clipart and lyrics, etc. I put together a camp song book of all the songs I remembered singing at camp as a girl. After weeks of work, it was done and really cute. I got it formatted to print as a bi-fold book with color images...it was perfect. I was so proud and wanted to get it printed real nice so I could take it to camp with me.

When I tried printing it, I realized that we only had an inkjet printer, which meant if it ever got a drop of rain on it, it would be ruined. Ugh. Checking prices at all the copy shops only made me more discouraged. I think the cheapest store was going to charge me $75!! That's nuts. I resigned myself to a cheap version on our home printer, but kept running out of ink and the pictures didn't look good anymore when the blue cartridge was low, etc. Eventually, I just ran out of steam. The dream died and I was really sad.

This week, out of the blue, Brian asked if I still wanted to print my camp songbook. He offered to print it at work and said he had figured out how to do it on the laser printer, double sided, as a book, etc, etc, exactly as I had dreamed.
Brian always finds ways to make my day better. Sometimes though, he totally blows me away with his thoughtfulness, like making this book happen. I love him.

No comments: