Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Feel...

·         Sad to leave downtown.  Our time is quickly coming to an end here and we’ll be far from everything before I know it.

·         Excited to have my own pillow and bed again after two long months with an aching neck and back.

·         Red faced.  Like a sophomore boy breaking out with acne and there are mirrors everywhere you turn here to remind me (elevators, the house, stores).

·         Tired. I could get a good nights sleep every single day and still want a two hour nap.  That is what comes to a person with a life not filled with purpose.

·         Eager to set up house.  It will be great to be close to the school and loads of young friends on the same street for afternoon playdates.

·         Grateful Ben has adjusted to school so incredibly well. He was my main worry for this entire move.

·         Distracted by non-important things.

·         Motivated to organize.  I want to dejunk all the paperwork and buy a few binders to organize them.  Should give me a head start when we get into the new place.

·         Confused about how to clean house here.  It’s just different.  I probably need to make up a schedule so I know what I’ve done so things don’t fall through the cracks.

·         Thrilled that driving is no big deal.  It’s been just fine so far, though I admit that I float to the left of the lane and have to remember to stay right.  When I hit a neighborhood street with minimal traffic I freak out and get totally confused about what side of the road to drive on.  People park on both sides of the road with cars pointing in both directions so you have to drive on both sides just to weave through the parking lot and it messes with my head.

·         Indifferent about the cost of groceries.  We just gotta eat stuff we like to be happy and survive right now.  We’ll save money later, though I am finding a few tricks and some cheaper stores.

·         Surprised every single day when the bus stop alarm goes off and we have to go get Ben.  How do the days fly by so quickly and we can only get one thing done each day?

 

1 comment:

Verity said...

I love your posts, and I am so happy that Ben has adjusted well!