Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, March 6, 2011

We Got A Great Parking Spot - You Can Thank Me Later

Last night I went to the adult session of Stake Conference.  Twice a year our church has all the congregations in the area (in our case the 9 congregations in the country) meet together.  Saturday afternoon the men have a meeting, Saturday evening the adults, Sunday morning everyone in the family.  Usually it’s a pretty good meeting.  At least that is what I recall from seven years ago before Ben was born.  Brian has gone twice a year since forever, but I usually got stuck with kid duty because we’re too cheap to pay for a babysitter or not organized enough to plan ahead and they all get taken.  Brian has translated the live meetings into Spanish for as long as I can remember in Houston and Fairfax and over time he became the head honcho in charge of the translating gig so he was obligated to attend.  That meant I stayed home for the bedtime routine since the meeting is from 6-8pm.  (Actually the Soderborgs watched our kids a couple times so I did go on occasion, but not since they moved in 2009.)

 

When stake conference came up again this weekend, Brian suggested that I could go this time.  I hadn’t been able to get a cheap baby sitter and wasn’t excited to pay $100 for a sitter arranged through our apartments.  He stayed home and I went to the meeting, which was fantastic.  They talked on parenting this time and hit on all the things I’ve been thinking through and working on with Maddie in particular.  It was just what I needed.

 

Since the day we arrived in Singapore they have been announcing that we need to arrive almost an hour early to get parking on Sunday morning of Stake Conference.  Our congregation alone is too much for the parking at the building here, so add in 8 other congregations and you’re in big trouble.  Last night after the meeting, I ended up going to dinner with friends.  Turns out they lock the gates at the church and it was nearing 11pm when we finished dinner.  The car stayed at the building last night.  The good news?  We’ve got a parking spot!  Just have to take a taxi to get to church this morning.  Brian can thank me later for my sweet parking spot.  I’ll bet we’re the first ones there this morning.  Well, at least our car will be there first even if we run late.

No comments: