Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cute Hair

Guess what.  My hair is actually cute. It looks really good today. And it can be that way every day.  Except that it is only 8:30 am and I’m still in my air conditioning.  In twenty minutes I’m taking Jacob to the neighbor’s house to play so I can take Maddie on the bus to the eye doctor for a checkup.  I have some pretty exceptional hair when it comes to the humidity frizz look framing my face. It just won’t lay down.  I hate it.

Every day I have to make a choice.  Either I can look good with my hair down and styled or stay cool in two ponytails so I don’t pass out (it’s too short to work in just one pony tail right now).  And I’ve been light headed a lot lately so I’m drinking lots of water all day and keeping cool .  My poor husband may never again see me looking good.  He leaves too early for me to be showered and cleaned up in the morning and gets home about 8 hours after I’ve first ventured outside to ruin any work I may have vainly attempted. I have thought several times that it was probably a total waste to buy a hair dryer and straightener.  What’s the point?

I am wishing for some nice cool Virginia snow weather right now.  You know, so I can look good for just one short day.  I’m trying so hard to remember how I managed in Houston, but my recollection is that I didn’t really ever look outstanding and defaulted to ponytails daily, especially when I worked in the refinery and wore steel toed boots and fire proof jumpsuits with a hard hat.  I was really stylin’ then.  Sigh.

3 comments:

Brent said...

You could always go with the Brent option...but honestly I don't think I'd recommend it for you. It's generally not a flattering look for women.

Cath said...

Ummmm.... picture??? Please!!

Laura said...

Well, after the refinery days, don't forget about the new mom hair (did I even brush it today? what day is it?)