Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, August 1, 2008

Widows Mite


We're transitioning Maddie from two naps to one, or rather she is transitioning me. So, she is extra whiny and cranky for a good portion of the day. Sometimes the crying lasts for two hours. It almost makes me snap. The last few days, when Ben can tell I've had enough, he gets concerned. If I can pull myself together and get Maddie calmed down for the twenty-fifth time and go take a breather in another room, Ben will sometimes come in to talk to me.

"Mom, since you are feeling so sad and frustrated, I have something to make you happy again," he'll tell me. "I'll give you a hint." That's how everything with Ben works these days, he'll give us a hint. "It's round and shiny and I got it out of the fountain at the mall." His smile almost cracks his face, he is so excited to share. He brings his hand out from behind his back and hands over one of his very few, extremely valuable pennies.

It is so touching that he would think of me. I know he has racked his brain to think of the most valuable thing he has to offer me. There is no greater gift to receive than his most treasured possessions.

No comments: