Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, August 15, 2008

My Amazing Husband

When we had been married for one year, we had saved a bit of our wedding money. I knew that eventually I would need a good sewing machine and thought that we should use the money we had left to get a good name brand one that would last our entire marriage or at least 30 years. So, we shopped and shopped. Finally, I got a Bernina that was the best we could get without going into the computerized styles. That way, we figured maybe we could fix it ourselves if it ever broke. Right from the start, it was either off or turbo speed. I really loved it and didn't want anything else. I convinced myself and Brian that over time, I would break in the spring and it would have all the desired speeds, like slow, medium, fast in addition to turbo. Well, it has been eight years now and I've still been operating on stop or turbo. Until today.....
A good friend stopped by while I was cooking dinner and we were chatting about sewing. I asked if she knew a good place to have my machine serviced and maybe the spring in the foot replaced with a normal one. She had some recommendations and I pulled it out to show her the style of machine we have. After dinner, since it was still sitting out next to the kitchen table, Brian decided to take a look at it. He opened up the foot pedal and quickly found the potentiometer. In about 2 minutes, I have the full range of speeds. It is like heaven to me!! He's the best. Now I'm excited to sew my Halloween costumes again. I didn't finish in time for our ward party last year, so we're going to finish up those costumes this year and go as the Wizard of Oz clan. Good thing that the Dorothy costume has an empire waist. My big belly this year would never have fit in a regular dress...

No comments: