Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Orchard Days Again - Peaches

The kids and I had another enjoyable day picking peaches at the orchard in Markham, Virginia. As usual, we all picked for a while and then the kids retreated to the car to "drive" while I finished up. Ben had fun trying to climb the trees to reach the high up fruit. Then he picniced alone on a blanket while he watched me pick and Maddie wander the rows.
Maddie picked up a bunch of peaches from the ground and put them in her bag. After the bottom of the bag was covered, she started whining "too heavy, mommy, too heavy." In my good faith efforts to help solve the problem, I offered to trade her bags for an empty one. She happily agreed to the trade. Then she got mad when I turned to leave with her bag. She carefully, moved each and every peach from her original "heavy" bag to the new empty bag. Upon completion of the task, she happily walked off. "All better," she claimed. Whatever...
I was surprised how much longer it took me to pick peaches and how much less fun I had since we went without Brian this time. We've never been to the orchards without him. I think taking him is a must now. Though we had fun, it wasn't the regular fun family day I usually envision at the orchards without him there.

No comments: