Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Bike Has Just TWO Wheels

Ben's comments when asked what he wants to say on the blog (dictated slowly one word at a time so I can type it...): "I love riding my bike, but when I was riding my bike, my helmet got on my neck. That's the whole entire part of the story I want to put on the internet. The End." We picked up a cool, purple bike at the thrift store on Monday afternoon for $9.99. It has flowers and butterflies all over the sides. Ben was totally excited to ride it right there in the store. I let him steer it up to pay and out to the car, but it didn't have training wheels, so he couldn't ride it yet. Wednesday we went shopping to get training wheels and were surprised how hard they were to find. We finally located one package left, but it was missing a nut to tighten down the wheel. I asked for a discount and had Brian go to Home Depot to match the nut on Thursday. Friday was busy, but Ben was patient. It poured rain all day anyway. Saturday morning, I put the training wheels on and sent him around the side of the house to ride on the sidewalk while I got his helmet out. When I came out the front door with his helmet, I was greeted with a huge smile and a 4 year old zooming past. He was so excited! I guess I expected to go teach him what to do. Oh well, huh? We got his helmet adjusted to match his head size this year and headed out. He hates the helmet and having a strap under his chin. He'll get over it. Brian fit it pretty well to his head, but he still isn't a fan. Then we rode around our court. We passed a random guy who rode up on his motorcycle, Ben stopped and declared "This is my bike that only has TWO wheels." I laughed and told him that the guy only had two wheels just like Ben. Then we went to show our neighbor Claudia. She gave all the proper praise and excitement a four year old craves. The kids love visiting her and her daughter Aimee.

No comments: