Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, August 18, 2008

Gas Prices Are Coming Down

So, you can quit all bothering Brian. We laugh everytime we hear the stats on the radio about how much ExxonMobil has made this week, this quarter, this year, whatever... It is fair to say that they don't really have the buckets of money in the lobby for the employees to take, like the stories he tells everyone. I passed a gas station yesterday and the price listed at the bottom was $4.07. I thought it was really weird that they had switched the prices and put regular on the bottom and must have moved premium to the top. My jaw dropped when I saw that regular was ONLY $3.69. Of course, when you realize how much the cost of a barrel of oil has gone up in the last year, I realize if it was a direct relation, we'd have been paying a lot more than $4.07, more like $8.00/gallon. The whole gas price thing is so complicated, but I don't whole heartedly subscribe to the thought that all gas companies are evil, even ExxonMobil. There Brian, I finally said it, ExxonMobil is not really the Evil Empire. Several of my engineer friends and I had a running joke when I worked for the competitor, BP. No one ever actually said ExxonMobil, we just asked how Brian was doing at The Evil Empire. Oh the good old days...

No comments: