Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, August 31, 2009

Brain Dead Moments

I wrote this down for Catherine's Brain Dead Moments on her site and decided since it was written, I ought to post it here too. We lived in an apartment that overlooked the interstate and a bridge that lead to the school bus parking lot in Fairfax. Ben was about 18 months and would go absolutely CRAZY everytime he saw a bus. We'd make a huge deal in the car as we drove around and saw one, yelling, pointing and screaming "BUS!! BUS!!" One day I dropped him at a Gretel Patches house for a little me time. I saw a bus on my errands and went wild, crazy over the school bus. When I didn't hear a thing from the back seat I tried to engage him while I dutifully watched the road in front of me. Tempting him with, "Ben...what do you see? Beeeennnnn...I see a big bus. What color is it?" Etc, etc, etc, on and on. When he still didn't respond, I glanced back to see if he had dozed off only to see the carseat was empty and I started freaking out not knowing where he was and pulled over to think. When it hit me that he was playing with his little friend, I felt like an idiot.

1 comment:

Gretel said...

Oh, the good old days. I wish you could still come drop him off -- we miss you guys!