Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, August 24, 2009

Super Spy x2

This is the castle. Not to be mistaken for a fort. I keep getting in trouble with Ben and Maddie for calling it a fort. The castle takes a long time to build and even more time to maintain. They take all the pillows from the basement, blankets from all three floors of the house, every stuffed animal no matter how small it is from their room upstairs. Then they move all the party table chairs to surround the coffee table. Finally, they pile everything up as high vertically as they can get it to balance. After all that hard work, they commence spying. Spy #1 and Spy #2 have spent a fair amount of this week planning how they will spy on me. They request that I go into this room or that and work so they can spy without being seen. Once I comply, they hide for about 30 seconds, they are so excited about being hidden, that they tell me where they are (like I couldn't hear them 3 feet away in little kid loud whispers and giggles planning their big reveal). I pretend not to be able to find them and they describe again where they are until I am surprised to discover them and they are thrilled that their big joke worked again.
Their favorite place to spy from is the castle of course. They remind me of that game Whack-a-Mole when they do it. Their giddy excitement means they just can't stay down long and it's only about 12 inches deep anyway. They pop up and down and up and down alternately. Cracks me up watching--I mean not watching of course.

3 comments:

Brent said...

I totally want to make a fort now, but our blankets are still on that boat somewhere on their way here.

Laura said...

That sure sounds like fun!

Verity said...

Boy, did this bring back good memories! :) I loved the new umbrellas, too.