Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Learning to Let Go

No. It isn't me that is learning to let go. It's Jacob. He gets this silly, excited grin all the time these days and pulls up on something and looks at me with anticipation. This guy is ready to walk and is letting go and balancing all the time. He is eight and a half months old. My memory isn't quite good enough to recall exactly when the other two kids walked, but I know it was in their eighth months. I suppose that means for a Zufelt kid, he's right on schedule. I was kind of hoping he'd be a little slower. When he came out all fat and 75 percentile chubby instead of 5th percentile bony, I thought for sure he'd take his sweet time at crawling and walking. No such luck.
Yesterday he took his first step, though I don't think I'm going to count it as "the one" yet. It wasn't exactly planned or anything, he just turned and took off not realizing he wasn't holding onto something. More of a mistake than an attempt to walk. Of course, he crashed and burned. The real one is just around the corner though. He has spent a fair amount of time today holding onto things with one hand rocking back and forth and thinking about walking.

No comments: