Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Halloween is Just Around the Corner

I've been working on our Halloween costumes the last few days. Gathering and painting and easy stuff like that. Typically I work until we are late to the church party every single year then I safety pin the last details together because I didn't finish. My mom found the one missing picture of our family Halloween photos last month and sent me a link to snapfish.com. I'm sad I can't find the original high quality one, but this will have to do. It was the fall of 2004, before we had Ben.
Usually I like to do something new each year, but decided it was time to recycle the costumes since the kids are still excited about Mickey and Minnie after our trip to Disneyland in California for Jason and Alex's wedding in May. Plus, my great sis-in-law Laura sent me a cute hand-me-down dress to Maddie in red with white polka dots last winter. Great timing! It would probably fit a 7 year old, but I turned it under and hemmed it in a temporary way so I can take it out later when Maddie gets bigger.
During our umbrella buying trip for the kids a week ago, I scoured the clearance racks for the goods I'd need to finish out the kids outfits. For Ben we got a pair of nice red shorts and Laura had also sent a black turtleneck in his current size. Just need black pants. Maddie has the awesome polka dot dress so we just had to pick up a pair of black tights. Jacob will be sporting a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of 0-3 month Santa Clause long pants. They were a buck since they had been lost from their matching top. The waist is just right for him, so the long pants become shorts since he's almost 9 months. Just have to take off the white fuzzy Santa trim on the bottom and find Maddie's old black baby stretch pants.
Today I painted the buttons for the boys Mickey pants. Just drill out the holes and sew them on! We're almost there. Maybe if I can find some, I'll pick up white gloves for Brian and I. The kids have claimed the monster hands and shoes we used last time. Hmmm....I have red dress shoes from my Dorothy costume last year. They'll be perfect for Minnie! I love creating these costumes!
Only big thing left is the mouse ears. We've got three, need five. The hunt begins... I think we'll be on time to the church party this year for the first time ever!!
The pictures are from the store the kids set up today to sell hands and feet to Brian and I while they played dress up with all the stuff.

No comments: