Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, August 10, 2009

Living Room Bowling

I made spaghetti last night. There was also a sale a while back at Aldi's on spaghetti sauce, but only on the tiny cans. I bought two flats of tomato sauce in tiny cans and last night used 12 cans for dinner. Today, we're bowling with them. Gotta love the pampered chef can opener that makes such a pretty, smooth cut so the cans are safe. Ben started by laying all the cans out in the triangular shape on the ground but didn't have much success. I showed him how to make a tower with them and now he and Maddie are in heaven. I watched them squeal and laugh as the tower crashed over and over. They worked well as a team and were having fun until Ben got excited. Of course, Jacob was crawling around on the ground enjoying the show. Then Ben in all his wisdom got a running start and kicked the ball with all his might straight into Jacob's face. Time out. Fun over. No more ball inside. No more kicking...wait...wasn't that a rule already?? Mom is a big fat meanie. Why do kids do stupid things? It makes my life miserable to punish him too. This afternoon we'll try it again when he gets the ball back. He wants to try animal bowling. I think it was Laura's blog where I got the idea. He's so excited.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Who needs toys when you have cans? I think there's a Barney song that says "a ball is the very best toy of all". I hope y'all enjoy animal bowling as much as we do!