Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One of These Color and One of Those

This is a picture of Maddie enjoying a mini candy bar with her breakfast. I couldn't be more proud. You see, she gets a candy bar every time she poops in the potty. We have been doddling with potty training since last August. That is one solid year now. Guess how many candy bars she has earned in a year. One. Until today. I got all the kiddos set up with breakfast both at the table and in the high chair. Then I took the recycling out to the curb and rummaged through someone else's trash to grab out the coupon packets from the Sunday paper. Upon my return I was greeted with Ben hollering out of the bathroom that Maddie needed a wipe. Sure. She pees all the time. I entered the bathroom to see them sitting side by side. Ben on the big toilet, Maddie on her potty chair. She got up a little in order to show me, "Look. I got one of these color and one of those color." (poop and pee) I was elated. Success! "Great job!!!" I beamed. "Now I get my candy bar, wright, mommy?" "ABSOLUTELY!!!"

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Congrats!!! It took us forever to get Annie to poop in the potty too . . . once she decided it was OK though, things progressed SO quickly from there, and except for an occasional accident, she was potty trained almost immediately after that little accomplishment! Good luck!

Stephanie Pilling said...

Yippie for Maddie! :)