Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Think That Used to Be My Bicep

I went shopping with a fun (and classy I might add) girlfriend the other night. Cori is the best bargain shopper and can assemble a killer outfit with the simplest stuff. She has an eye for deals and never (almost) shops anywhere but the thrift store, buy you would NEVER know it to look at her. So we had some fun on Thursday night at Unique Thrift and I came away with three (or twenty) new outfits depending on how you mix and match them. Totally happy with that, and the most expensive thing was $3.75! I'd post pics of my cute duds, but I'm the picture taker in the family, so just imagine for me. Now the depressing part. I'm at my lowest weight since high school. I call it my happy weight. Then why do I not fit in a smaller pant size? I know. Because I've been pregnant three times and stretched and cut and all that jazz. But if I'm the same weight, why can't I wear the same size?? Ugh. I'm a science gal. I know the principles of physics. I believe in conservation of mass. If I weight the same, then while it's all there somewhere, there shouldn't be any extra. So what then, I ask, is the difference? I think what was my massive bicep and calf muscles can now be found located around my waist and backside. Maddie supports that theory. Wednesday night she was in trouble and totally wild, crazy in a tantrum. She was sent to her room and lost desert priviledges for the night. When she cooled off, I went up to snuggle with her and talk as we rocked in the rocking chair. (You know, after you correct them, show an extra measure of love or whatever that scripture is.) I was slouched a bit and she was all curled up on my lap, head nuzzled into my shoulder looking down at her lap. Right in the middle of our loving gentle talk, she sits straight up, points to my spare tire stomach and says with smile and genuine excitement, "Mommy, you're next baby is getting ready to come!" Maybe I should have explained my conservation of mass theory to her and told her it was just my bicep that had relocated itself. I settled with telling her, "A baby wasn't coming today." Seemed to satisfy her for now.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I feel for you! I'm back within 3 lbs. of when I got married (yay me!), but am wearing not one, but TWO sizes bigger than I was five years ago. Stupid redistribution of mass! (And my overall less-firmness/less-muscle tone thing for which I have only myself to blame.)

The Roth's said...

too funny. I like to say the extra weight is because my heart got so much bigger to make room to love my little ones so much. I'm not buying it though. My butt is just bigger. Period. I had fun shopping...we'll have to do it again. FYI-your outfit today at church was great!!