Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Online Bankers and their Magic Checks

Here is the edited message I got when I clicked to see what happened to a payment we needed sent out last week. "Payment check # xxx was sent to Mr. X on 08/11/2009 and delivered on 08/10/2009. Funds were withdrawn from your checking account on 08/12/2009." Interesting. The check was supposed to go out on the 5th. I didn't realize I could request a magic check. The bank claims to have mailed it on the 11th but that it was delivered the 10th, the day before it was sent. Of course since that left me scratching my head, I'm glad they have allowed me the courtesy two days to figure out magic checks before they actually withdraw the funds today, the 12th (which they haven't done). Never mind the check hasn't been cashed yet by the recipient so I'm not sure where the withdrawn funds went to. In fact, Mr. X let us know he hasn't seen a check yet at all, magic or otherwise. This all started last week on the 5th when I had a phone conversation with Brian. I wasn't home near the checkbook at the time and he was at his computer. We needed to send a check to Mr. X and I said I'd get it in the mail when I got home. Brian is a huge fan of online banking and said he would take care of it. He would just submit a request to the minions at the bank to mail it out ASAP. I like online banking well enough, but this bill pay stuff can be a hassle sometimes. So after six days, what did we do? Brian wrote a paper check to Mr. X as we discussed what ever happened to the magic check. Sigh.

No comments: