Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Honey. I Lied.

I've maintained for our entire marriage that I don't like the taste of honey. Brian loves it. I'm a 100% red jam fan. PB & J sandwiches leave a weird taste in my mouth and I don't like it drizzled over anything. Uhhh...except scones. I've wanted scones for about two years now. In Utah you can go to Sconecutters anytime. Seems like their drive through window was open like 24 hours a day. Anyway, I bet it's been ten years since I had the pleasure of sinking my teeth into a light and fluffy scone delight. A year ago last July I even bought some apple butter with the intent to make scones, but it sat in my counter for months, then in the cupboard. Then Mali left me a deep fryer. Yesterday I got a hankering for scones and now I had a way to make them myself. I found a recipe from my favorite recipe website, All Recipes.com. Ben and I mixed the dough and let it rise while Jacob and Maddie napped. Okay. While Jacob napped and Maddie went back and forth from her bed to the kitchen telling us she had finished her nap and me sending her back upstairs to try again to sleep. When the dough had risen to fill the entire mixing bowl it was time to start and we heated the oil. The kids enjoyed rolling the dough and cutting the scones out with a plastic cup. They weren't really interested in the final product. That is until they tasted it. I suppose the best way to sum it up is that we didn't have much room for dinner. So I forgot that I do love honey after all. There is nothing better than a hot scone dripping with honey. Sorry I lied to you Brian. And to the rest of you all, if Brian and I die next month, you'll know it is because our blood turned into vegetable oil. It's just too hard to resist corn dogs, french fries, scones and donuts are on the menu for next week.

No comments: