Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wrong Side of the Fence Bucko

When the Zufelts put up gates we try to make things as safe as possible while still making things accessible to the little people as much as we can. That means we got a gate with a handle Maddie and Ben can work so long as it isn't in the locked position. We just push it down far enough to make it snug. Works for a while, but the glory days of that system are now over. This is what I saw this week as I sat at the kitchen table and watched Jacob play at the gate. He was totally elated. I could only think, "Dang." Now we're gonna have to shut it tight enough that Maddie Mae can no longer open it on her own. It will seriously restrict her movement about the house, which in turn obligates me to help her all the time. I know we taught Maddie stairs super early, but in watchin Jacob, he isn't quite ready yet. Soon. I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments: