Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Baby Books

When I took Jacob for his regular 2 month check up I was so proud that I had finally remembered to bring his baby book for them to write his stats in. Every visit at this pediatricians office since we moved to Virginia they have asked if I brought the kids "baby book" to write in. I always figured it was just another thing to lug around so I didn't bring it. As I rushed out the door for this appointment, Jacob's baby book caught my eye so I grabbed a hold of it and went on my way. After the doctor finished with him, she asked, "Did you bring the baby book to write in?" I was quite pleased with myself as I said yes and pulled out my cute little baby book from Babies-R-Us. She looked at me like I was nuts. Then she said, "I guess I can write in this. Where is the other one?" What other one, I thought? I wasn't getting it at all. We were not speaking the same language. I questioned what she meant and she explained that they give everyone a new baby book to keep a copy of the baby's medical record. I told her we hadn't ever gotten one. She took my cute baby book and left. When she returned, she handed me two baby books. I felt pretty stupid, but at least now, after three years of taking my kids to their office, I know what they are talking about. Oh well.

No comments: