Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I.O.U. from the Government??

Is anyone else scared about California deciding that yes, they owe people tax refunds, but they just aren't going to pay right now. What?!?!?! I see the problems California is having creeping to the federal government quickly. It has motivated us to change our election now so that we should not ever get a refund again. If we as private citizens made the same decision because we had overspent our income or had trouble and lost our job, we would still be thrown in jail for choosing not to pay our obligations. Do you think California will pay those people due a refund interest? Penalties? Anything? Of course not. I think with the way this terrible stimulus package was put into law, it is only a matter of time before the federal government begins holding our refunds. I'm outraged by all the trash and pork in that bill. Some govenors, to their credit, are talking about not accepting the money from the federal government. Guess what, the federal idiot wrote into the bill that if the governor doesn't accept the money, the state legistatures can take the money and spend it. Outrageous! Does no one see the MAJOR problems? I hope I owe taxes next year, just so that I can make sure I get my money, just in case the government decides not to pay me back for a year or two.

1 comment:

Verity said...

Thanks for this post. About the only thing I'm not looking forward to about our move back to CA...is that we're moving back to CA, if that makes sense! :)