Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, February 13, 2009

Caller ID

Last night about 9:30 at night we got a phone call and Brian answered. "Hello" "Hola" came the reply, followed by silence. Since the ONLY person in the world that does that to us is my brother Jason, Brian got a smile on his face and started a typical banter and silly conversation we might have with Jason on any given day. "Que pasa, calabaza?" said Brian. (Translated this means "What's up pumpkin?") The expected reply was SUPPOSED to be, "Nada, nada, limonada." Instead Brian just got silence and the poor guys on the other end of the line continues in spanish, "Why did you call me?" Total shock and confusion on Brian's face. "You called me," he says. Then the guy on the phone says he saw our number on his caller ID and wanted to know why we had called. We can't figure out who the guy is and he finally hangs up. We about died laughing. First that Brian had asked the poor guy, "What's up pumpkin?" Then we laughed about how stupid it is that someone would call us and without identifying themselves start asking what we wanted. How the heck would I know what I wanted. Who are you? I DON'T have caller ID. I'm too cheap. We have no idea who the heck it was and both agree that they dialed in the wrong number when they returned the call. Then the conversation changed to how old we were getting. Seems that in the current generation of people that if you call someone these days, you don't have to leave a message. They will see your name pop up on the caller ID and return your call. I don't operate that way. I have SERIOUSLY offended two people in the past because I don't ever "call them back." Sorry. I didn't know you called. Seriously. I didn't know. How was I supposed to know? I have an answering machine and if you EXPECT a return call, you darn well better leave a message. I guess that makes me old, but hey, it saves me $5 every month.

No comments: