Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pulled In Too Many Directions

I feel like my dad today. He always has list after list of things to do. When I was working full time at BP I always had a huge list of things to do. I had a large white board near the kitchen table that had a four column fine print list of my To Do list. It was simply overwhelming and I felt guilty about all the things I couldn't ever finish. After I had Ben I started working on my list and one by one started knocking things off the list. I never finished everything but at one point I rewrote the list and had two columns of regular sized print on the board. It felt amazing.
These days I feel like the list is once again long and overwhelming. I have a hard time focusing on any one project and usually have twenty projects in process with nothing ever getting totally completed. This is one of those instances that Brian is my perfect compliment. He has such focus and self discipline that he ends up coming along and tidying up all my unfinished projects and attending to the pesky little details.
Today I feel pulled in a million different directions and know that now until middle of July is our busy season at church with ward conferences, auxiliary trainings, presidency brunches, beehive conference, planning for summer events, dances, firesides, etc, etc, etc. It is going to be busy and I have so many other things looming.
My Projects:
  • convert Maddie's room to Jacob's room
  • prepare talk for ward conference (plus bake and decorate a cake for my object lesson)
  • clean house over and over
  • dejunk closets
  • clean up junk pile in corner by party table
  • list things on craigslist to sell
  • take yet another load to goodwill
  • get life insurance quotes, decide what we need then purchase this time instead of let quotes get old in my files again
  • review finances in general
  • invest in Roth IRA
  • establish and use a budget again
  • get a condo for our California trip over Memorial Day weekend
  • change cell phone plan
  • return newborn and size 1 diapers
  • buy size 2 diapers
  • organize bins in basement storage room
  • get info on self directed IRAs, review info and act
  • inventory food storage to see what we need to buy/order online
  • reorganize basement closet to fit kids toys
  • wipe down basement to get rid of dust left during sump pump installation
  • try new recipes to learn how to cook healthy foods we can store
  • keep up to date on my blog
  • search my sent mail from my email back to Jan 2008 and include stories I wrote down in my blog as back posts
  • print the blog to a book for "2008"
  • play around on ancestory.com and learn how to do family history research

And about a million other things. I feel pulled in a million directions. What is the most important thing to do?

Right now, it's write a talk about "Virtue" to give tomorrow at Annandale Ward Conference. After all my thinking it's time to pull my thoughts together in a cohesive grouping of words that others will understand.

1 comment:

Ball Family said...

Good luck with all of that. But that is exactly why I don't make lists. Then you can't see what you're not doing! :)