Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No More Mr. Nice Guy - Potty Training

I've had it. Maddie is totally capable and aware of when she is pooping in her pants. NO MORE. It ticks me off that she refuses to poop in the potty unless she is randomly in the mood. I'm the one who has to clean her up and she waits until it is squished all over everywhere and a total disaster before I figure out she needs a change. I'm afraid I'll snap sometime if this isn't fixed soon. From now on if she poops in her diaper, we head straight up the stairs to the bathtub. She'll get her little hiny washed with cold, COLD water. It is simply a natural consequence for her deliberate action. There is no mistake when you hide in a corner to poop. She knows exactly what she is doing and exactly what is expected of her. Starting today, if you make yourself dirty, you have to get cleaned up. If you choose to poop in your diaper, you're gonna get a cold mini-bath. I'm just no longer making it comfortable for her to make my life miserable. We'll see how this works to motivate her lazy butt. I've had friends that had success doing it before so I'm crossing my fingers.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm scared of you! I hope it works for you. :)

Courtney said...

this is a GREAT suggestion for a friend i have. i have been trying to come up with a good consequence to suggest to her for EVER. i came up wiht only allowing her 1 set of clothes a day.... and do it on days that it is ok for her to be naked all day in the house. yours sounds more memorable. :-) can't wait to hear how it goes.

Ball Family said...

Good luck! That sounds like a good idea. We tried everything when our son was going through the same thing. Nothing seemed to work. The kid was (is) too stubborn for his own good.