Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, February 20, 2009

Self Diagnosis

Last time I went to the dentist for a severe toothache, I knew I had a cavity that needed to be filled within the next couple months. All of a sudden my top tooth or teeth started hurting really bad. I figured I could put up with the pain for two days until they could get me in, I had already put up with it for a week. By the time I got to the dentist, the pain was completely gone. I had the cavity filled, which I found out was on the bottom, not the top after all. Oh well. The dentist said my pain was probably from sinus pressure and that is why it was so sudden and so painful. Sure enough, I had a cold at the same time as the pain. I have been in pretty serious pain for a week again. I bought some Sudafed Sinus and take it when it gets unbearable, but it just isn't letting up and I'm miserable. I finally did what no doctor wants you to do. I went to WebMD to diagnose my problem, you know, incase it is something more than sinus pressure this time since I don't have a cold. I used the Symptom Checker feature. Click on "Head." Click on "Mouth." A list of symptoms comes up for the mouth. There were many, many good ones, but my favorites? "Uncontrollable verbal outbursts" - learn to hold your tongue "Increased talkativeness" - you need to get out more, you've been spending too much time with computers and not enough with living human beings "Muffled voice" - remove pillow from over face Toothache wasn't even listed. Go figure.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Those are hilarious!