Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, September 1, 2008

It's Really Me Inside These Fancy Clothes

Brian commented one morning after I got dressed for the day about my outfit. "You are like a different woman when you are pregnant." Curious what exactly that meant, I probed a little. Turns out, I have flashy, fancy clothes that I, left to my own shopping choices, would never have picked out. When I'm pregnant, I end up using a lot of hand-me-downs and borrowed outfits. I actually have some style and class above my standard plain colored t-shirt and blue jeans. Luckily, my friends have good taste and style much more current to the real world today than me. Not in a direct attempt to spite Brian or "show him" but sort of in response to his thoughtful observation, I did actually go shopping today while I was at the mall alone. I bought a few maternity tops that are "in" right now, but when I look back at the pictures in 20 years will wonder "what was I thinking?" I really do like them. It was hard to break out of my box though and get a few things that won't stand the classic test of time. Oh well, cross my fingers, this childbearing stage of life won't last for too many more years... I'm not likely to be one of those saintly women that can handle 12 kids. I'm more inclined to say we're closer to the end of our baby days than the beginning, though many parts will be missed. Each stage of life comes with its challenges and its special, irreplaceable treasures. We'll take it one kid at a time. For now, I'll just be a smokin' hot pregnant lady with totally stylish clothes...(yeah right).

No comments: