Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, September 25, 2008

How Much Interupted Sleep Equals Uninterupted Sleep?

Tonight, or rather this morning, I am wondering how much interrupted sleep equals an 8 hour night of uninterrupted sleep. I ask because I was so tired yesterday that I went to bed at 7:55 with the kids. I fell right asleep, woke when Brian came home from the youth activity, said hello and fell asleep again. At 2 am I woke up and noticed he wasn't in bed yet. He often sleeps on the couch so as not to disturb me with his tossing and turning, so I didn't think much of it and rolled over...and over...and over. By 3:30 I was up reading a book when he came in to our room. He had been working on a work project in the basement and had been up the whole time. Poor guy. I was excited to see him and we had a good chat for about an hour before he dozed off. There I lay, wide awake. Finally I was too hungry to sleep so I came down to get a snack and do a little blog reading. Now it is 6 am...I don't know how I'll stay awake with the little people today. Plus, I have to be nice, friendly and animated while I teach preschool today. Wish the kids luck...they may get an extra minute or two of free play time today.

No comments: