Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Friday, September 19, 2008

How Long Ago Was Daylight Savings Time?

Tonight Ben wanted to go on a bike ride. I told him we had to clean up quickly so we could go before it gets dark so we would be home and could be in bed on time. We had a lovely time and got home as it was getting pretty dark outside at 8:30. Right at bedtime. I rushed to get them changed, brushed, have prayers and snuggles then toss them into bed a little before 9:00pm. Once the kids were down, I went to the basement and sat on the couch to veg for a minute. Brian had told me that I needed to return a call, so I checked my watch to see what time it was before I called. It said just a few minutes past 8:00pm. Weird. I looked again and again. How long ago was the last time we had daylight savings or spending time? How long had my watch been an hour off? Wasn't it in April or something like that? Have I been off for 5 months and didn't even notice? Brian had worked on the electricity tonight and flipped all the breakers so all the clocks were flashing and needed to be set. Ben had been telling us earlier that his favorite show was on TV, I insisted it was over and he was wrong. We turned on the TV and found out I was wrong. I put the kids down to bed an hour early. My watch was right. I guess I'm extremely tired and just living out my dreams of going to bed.

No comments: