Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Anything Else I Can Do?

Ben has the purest heart of any kid I've ever met. When we were trying to reassemble our basement after the latest flood, Brian and I got Maddie down in bed and were directing Ben to change, brush, etc. He finished and came down to the basement where we were working. He put his hands on his hips in the most grown up of ways, sighed and said, "Well guys, is there anything else I can help with before I head off to bed tonight?" It was the cutest thing we had ever heard. I know I'm a softie sometimes, but I could even see Brian's heart melt right in front of my eyes. How can you deny a kid like that? We decided to let him help until he showed signs of being too tired, so we got him some super cool projects like taking the screws out of the monster size fan so we could get it back in the box to store for the next water event, arranging the toys in a way he though was great and stacking the movies so he can see them when he wants them. He was in heaven to feel like such a grown up to be given assignments he could do alone. He did a good job too. He has the most pleasant conversations with me sometimes while we work together. I love working with Ben. When his work pace slowed to a crawl and he was too distracted to do much more, we both thanked him for all he had done to help our family and gave him huge hugs and sent him to bed. We love Ben! He's such a great kid.

No comments: