Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, September 4, 2008

One More Beef with Pregnancy

Everyone is pregnant for 9 months, right? That means 40 weeks, right? I may not have majored in math, but lets try a little something... 1 month = 4 weeks 40 weeks / 4 weeks = 10 months There. Now that wasn't really very difficult math, but HELLO!!!! I claim that I've been pregnant for 10 months with Ben, 10 months with Maddie and will be pregnant for 10 months with this little guy. Right now I'm in that "fuzzy" period of time where when people ask, "how far along are you?" I don't really know what to say. I just finished my 24th week of pregnancy. 24 weeks / 4 weeks per month = 6 months. I have 16 weeks left. 16 weeks / 4 weeks per month = 4 months. So what do I tell them when they ask? 5 months? 6 months? Ugh. I hate the fuzzy time...it also makes me feel hopeless that the end just got farther away than it really is. PS - If you are technical and define each month as 30.5 days to average the months with 30 and 31 days, you still are pregnant 9 1/2 months.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm with you on the math thing. I never could figure out that month thing either. I just told them the weeks and let them go with it. Not like pregnant brain can do much thinking anyway :)

Megan said...

Maybe I just knew you were pregnant right at the beginning, but I feel like you have been pregnant longer than 24 weeks/6 months. So, you can claim 6 months in my mind.

Maybe they call it 9 months because, really, the first two weeks don't even count, and the next two weeks are debatable because your body itself is still trying to figure out it's pregnant...you do bring up a good point, though.