Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paperless Society

Does anyone else think a paperless society sounds nice? My kitchen counter says YES!! I remember when I had a real job though. There was NOTHING paperless about it. We had to make multiple copies of everything official to file in multiple places and get the details or work orders to multiple people so everyone could do their part. Paperless just isn't very realistic. In my house, I've been collecting cute stories, amazing talks, fun handouts and the like since I was 12 years old. That makes 18 years of great stuff! It was a fantastic resource for me when I planned lessons, organized my thoughts for talks or prepared to speak at different events. I realize now, that for the last 5 or 6 years, I don't even use it. I just move it from house to house...and that much paper is heavy. Right now it is two complete file drawers filled from front to back so tight I can't easily remove papers anymore. When I'm given a topic to speak or devotional to prepare I go straight to the internet and scour the links saved in my favorites for good resources. As I've come to this realization, I think I'm finally ready to ditch the monster paper file. Brian has offered that we could scan in everything, save them as pdf files and burn it to a DVD. Sounds good, but is it worth all that time? I just don't know. Maybe when I have the new baby I will have tons of extra hours sitting, bored, while I feed him and can scan stuff one-handed. I doubt it. I don't think life will get easier by adding another kid to the mix. Still, ditching my collection feels like I'm throwing a piece of me away. Maybe I will ponder a little longer before I start chucking stuff...

1 comment:

Anthony and Kristie said...

No don't ponder, do it. You can do it. I will come out and hold your hand if you need me. It is true everything you need is on the internet. The only paper you need to keep are the lists from dad 12 year old, 14, etc. Everything else chuck it, chuck it, chuck it.