Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is Anyone Out There?

I talked to my mother-in-law today. I guess people really do read my blog, even if I get about two comments a month. Go figure. Anyway, I haven't written for almost 10 days and she noticed. I didn't drop off the face of the earth, just nothing big or fun or funny has really been happening. Life as usual. Crazy busy Saturday between church service projects, primary activities, youth dances and planning meetings (basically, our typical babysitting swap of a Saturday as we trade kids and run to the next thing on the schedule). Brian and I have laughed (or lamented we're not sure which) for years that no matter what is going on or what season of the year, our family calendar is always open "next week". By the time Sunday rolls around and you pick up the program at services, you're booked. I know I'm not alone in this "Next Week Syndrome." This last week I did go to quilt group for the first time ever with ladies from a neighboring congregation. It was so much fun, even if Maddie did come along. Ben was at preschool just down the road from the church and I worked on a sewing project I was supposed to have completed in June of 2007. My super seamstress friend and hero Carol Baker made a pattern for me for my hand puppets. Now I just have to whip them out. Hurray!! I've also been busy the last two weeks, well, playing. One of my BEST friends, Marti Miles, got shipped back to Virginia from Ethiopia with the State Department. I guess it just isn't safe to schedule a c-section in a third world country, so we get her back for a few weeks before and after the baby. I've had so much fun having her back, whether we just sit on the porch and laugh while the kids play, do our grocery shopping for each other while one of us watches the kids or walk and exercise together. It has been great to have my buddy back! Ben and Maddie are in heaven too, Ben's best friend was her daughter Glori and Maddie LOVES them both. There is our update in a nutshell. Nothing exciting. I'll try to be more regular in posting, but check for back posts. I'm notorious at doing that.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'll get an update in my blog thing, then find that you've posted like 10 times. I'm reading and enjoy the antics of Ben and Maddie, even if I don't get to comment.

Juli said...

You are amazing. And write well too. I read your blog. Now I just need to catch up on mine!