Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, September 7, 2008

"No Eat It Mommy!"

If anyone can help me figure out a way to do Maddie's hair without getting in trouble, I'm all ears. I brush her hair, pull it up out of her eyes and hold the hair with one hand. With the other hand I grab an elastic band. Lacking a third hand, I use my teeth to hold the elastic band long enough to open it up and squeeze another finger in so I can wrap it around her hair. At this point, Maddie turns to look at me and without fail says, "No Eat It Mommy!!" If she catches me using my teeth, she wiggles and squirms, trying to get the elastic band out of my mouth until I loose all the hair and have to start over. She knows that she isn't supposed to put stuff in her mouth. She's just trying to enforce the rules with me, but come on! I can't do it any other way.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Umm, I used to get in trouble for that too. I had to learn to do Beth's hair without using my mouth. Dang kid for remember what I say :)