Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Angry Dreams

I always dream a lot when I'm pregnant. I'm not sure why, just one of those things I guess. I dream crazy things and remember them in the morning. Like the other day I dreamed that I was so hairy there just wasn't any point in shaving anymore. My arms looked like the top of my head. End of dream. Weird. Today I dreamed a dream I have a couple times a year all the time. I don't usually remember the content of the dream, I just wake up feeling ready to punch someone in the face. I am so angry when I wake up I really have to walk around and calm down. In the past, for no reason in particular, my anger is always aimed at one of two people, Brian or his poor dad. I have no clue what either of them have done to upset me so subconsciously. They are just always the target of my anger. When I wake up, my fists are tightly balled in fists, my arms are tensed up like I'm ready to punch and my jaw is clenched. This time the dream wasn't about either of the usual targets. It was about Ben. I was so incredibly mad at Ben. I actually remembered some of the dream this time though. Ben and one of the YW in our ward were having a sleepover with a bunch of other kids, like at a ward campout or something. Ben had been told to go to bed. The YW friend kept telling him to get out of bed and egging him on to do whatever she could think of to make me mad. I remember putting Ben back in bed so many times that I was getting really angry. I was in tears, pleading with him to please obey me and stay in bed. When the YW saw me crying and how upset I was, she stopped talking to Ben and looked totally sorry for what she had started, but there was no stopping Ben now. I was having to pick him up and forcefully put him back in bed time after time, then hold him down while he screamed and cried so he wouldn't get out again. I told him I didn't have much self control left and begged him through my tears to stay because I didn't know how much more I could handle before I snapped. It was at this point, I woke up. I was so mad at him I wanted to go yell at him right then in the middle of the night to go to bed. Scary, huh?

No comments: