Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, November 9, 2008

All Dressed Up With No Place To Go

Not really sure why, but today I actually used several things that do not fall into my daily repertoire. I used a blow dryer, curlers and makeup. Everyone who knows me knows how out of character that is for me. I have noticed near the end of my pregnancies as I feel less and less like myself and more and more awkward and ugly I do more things that I would never usually do. In the last five years, I've only been interested in painting my toe nails in the last three months of each pregnancy. When I got a look at our outside family photo shoot a few days ago, I was totally disgusted by what I saw. Thus, today I must be trying to compensate by dressing up a bit more than normal. Now the down side. I'm all dressed up with no place to go. Maddie is just so conjested and complaining of a hurting mouth when she "makes a noise wif a cough" and her runny nose is getting less and less clear and more and more green. Looks like all my work will go to waste since I guess I'm not going to make it to church today. Just isn't fair to the other kids in her nursery class. Turns out it'll be okay with me. Brian was teasing me about staying home anyway since I have nothing to wear. My nylons keep rolling down because my abdomen is too big, so they just end up around my knees every 30 minutes anyway. My slip is a joke too, too long if I put it below my belly, too tight around the middle and what's the point if I wear it above the baby bump, it can't do it's job. Sigh...27 days and 2 hours to go...but I'm not counting or anything... Guess I'll just go take a nap on my pretty curls.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Isn't it funny how pregnancy does that to us? I always feel like I need new clothes, but I hate spending money on maternity, but I just feel this crazy need to be stylish in my bigness. I guess it helps us feel a little more feminine and a little less elephantine.