Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, November 10, 2008

Special Ice Cream Treat

Last night Angie went to a chocolate fondue "Girls' Night Out" at the Melting Pot Restaurant. I told Ben that since Mommy got a great treat, we should do something special. We decided to have a special ice cream treat with a variety of mix-ins: chopped up candy canes and M&Ms, cherries, chocolate and caramel syrup. Maddie became a very sticky mess and Ben loved the variety of toppings. Ben was a little concerned that Angie did not get to participate in the great experience. Tonight Ben pulled Angie and I down to his level so he could whisper into our ears without Maddie hearing. Maddie saw what was happening and stuck her head into the circle as Ben whispered to us, "After Maddie goes to sleep we should have a very special ice cream treat like last night." Maddie didn't seem to notice what Ben was saying but was happy to stick her head in. After the toy clean-up, Angie felt bad for Maddie and decided to invite her to join us. Ben was a little upset that we were letting the cat out of the bag by talking about ice cream before Maddie was in bed. I served Maddie her ice cream first and then helped Ben prepare his. After preparing and eating a bit of my own bowl, I ran off to get the camera. When I came back, Maddie had finished her bowl and was working on mine. As I approached, she responded by laughing and eating faster so my ice cream was all gone before I could get to her.

No comments: