Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Brian is Back in Town

I was just noticing that my blogging has taken a sharp decline in the number of posts, from six a day to one every other day or so. Can you tell Brian is back in town and shouldering some of the daily load of parenting again? It is so nice to have him around to talk to and give me a breather. I give him some serious credit for his great arrival this time. Sometimes, understandably, he's exhausted when he arrives. Especially when he comes from Europe. When he walks in the door, it is usually about midnight his time, early dinner time ours. He came home so totally happy, maybe he was just mirroring the kids, because they were absoluetly giddy with joy. Maddie kept running around in circles squeeling she was so happy. Don't you love when a little person is so overcome with joy that their tiny bodies can't even contain or express their emotions? They are just on overload with a grin from ear to ear and run wild. It was totally cute. Of course, who doesn't love a homecoming like that? I realized I'd get one too if I was gone all the time, but I'm pretty much always here. When I went to camp this summer it was like that when I got home. Honestly, it felt amazing. So after Brian gave hugs and kisses and chased the kids for a few minutes, we went out to dinner for some BBQ at a fun place called Red, Hot and Blue. The kids were so well behaved and it was nice to leave the house with help. Then it was straight to bed for everyone, two tired and happy kids, one jet lagged daddy and a very pregnant mommy. Sweet dreams to all of us. At 4:30 am Brian returned to bed (he never actually sleeps at night, just wanders the house I think) and I woke up. Neither of us could sleep, so we talked until 7:30 when Ben came in. It was so nice to have him around, plus, I couldn't tell you when the last time we had time to chat for 3 hours. First thing we did was ask him how his stomach was feeling since he had been so stress sick for so many, many days. "Just perfect," came the reply. Go figure. He's healed by having his family and his reality all put back as it should be.

No comments: