Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Don't eat it!

When Grandma and Grandpa Zufelt were visiting us several months ago, they helped us get Ben to eat his dinner using the "you better not eat that" reverse psychology tricks. Ben totally loved playing this game with Grandpa and seeing the reaction when Grandpa would get "upset" because Ben had eaten all his dinner.
Ben still loves the game and often asks me to tell him not to take another bite. Now Maddie has joined in. At dinner she will tell me, "say don't eat it, Daddy!" When I realize what she is saying and tell her not to eat what is on her spoon, she giggles and quickly gobbles up the item she wants me to tell her not to eat.
Tonight Angie told me that she does not want to play this game for all three meals each day, so she simply does not respond. Well, what are the kids to do when Mom doesn't want to play your favorite mealtime game? Start playing it with each other. Ben and Maddie start telling each other not to eat another bite. Tonight I got to see a little bit of it. Maddie told Ben, "Don't eat it Ben," and Ben properly responded by taking another bite. Maddie then looked at me and said, "What gonna do Daddy?" I couldn't help but smile as I told her, "Don't you dare take another bite."

No comments: