Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Monday, November 10, 2008

Reducing Power Can Save $100 Each Month

This one goes out to Heather Gillespie...yes, we're cheap. She and others were laughing the other night about how cheap I am. It's just sort of a fact of life to me. It doesn't really bother me much at all. Anyway, my girlfriends were wondering what we would do when tv went digital and we couldn't get tv anymore. We already purchased the digital converters for all our old tvs, but the signal just bleeps in and out and rolls or looses sound, etc. Ben asked the other day why grown up tv didn't do that like his kid channel. I told him it would do that when our analog tv went away and we had to use digital like his channels. Brian has even broken down to check some of the prices on cable or satellite or whatever normal people have. You know, poor people watch tv without DVR...right Heather? :) Watching one of our favorite shows last night, the analog picture was SOOOO bad with shadow remnants of other stations we could barely see what we were trying to watch. Brian finally got frusterated and went to mess with the cables. He had installed a signal amplifier in the attic and then another one right next to the tv to boost the signal enough that we could see it. Well, he took out the extra amplifier and PRESTO!!! He just reduced the power on the system and now the signal is amazing. Granted, our opinion is a bit skewed. Amazing to me is not amazing to people with HDTV I'd assume, but heck, I could watch my show. I was totally giddy with excitement. I told him in that two seconds of work he saved us $50 to $100 every month for years!! Yippee!! Power to the cheap people, baby!!!

No comments: