Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Change in Social Status

We have always been cool, right? I'm not so sure we are anymore. At least we used to be the social people around, having people over all the time, dinner parties, game nights, etc. It was so much fun. There was a point Ben would be disappointed if he would ask "Who is coming to dinner tonight?" and we didn't have anyone lined up for the evening. Two weeks ago we called a few of the fun young couples at church to invite them to dinner and to hang out. None of them could come. I'm sure they already had plans with each other or something fun like that, since every one of them told us they "already had dinner plans" for that night. Hummm... I'm sure it's not that we aren't cool. It just made me realize how our lives have changed. Now with two kids and number three just a month away, I'm too tired to have parties all the time, besides they have to be over by 8:30 anyway so the kids can go to bed. No party is much fun after 9pm when the kids self destruct anyway. I guess we have officially moved into the next phase of family life. Welcome to early middle age-ness... I guess I just didn't see it coming, that's all.

No comments: