Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Brown Santa Is On His Way

I can't remember who calls the UPS guy "Brown Santa", but that's who is on his way to our house real soon. I have been having fun with auctions on ebay, buying two 50# bags of powdered milk and ordering a new bread mixer to replace the one I broke. I'm so excited for my stuff to start arriving! I didn't realize how low we had gotten with the powdered milk. I just refilled my ice cream bucket in the kitchen and it was gone. I mean we have no milk. To most of the world, that is normal, but I haven't had to buy milk since the first year of our marriage. I grew up on powdered milk. It just tastes like skim milk to me. Seriously, most my friends say they can't actually tell a difference when they have it, though I always give fair warning before I serve it. When we got married, Brian had some pretty deeply seeded bad memories of powdered milk. Like most people that have "tried" it, they only had powdered milk prepared at the last minute so it was freshly mixed, frothy and warm. YUCK!! You have to let the frothy foam settle and chill it. Then it tastes great. Plus, the milk of today is much better than what I drank growing up. My milk shipment will take two weeks to get here. I'm kind of upset that I'll have to buy milk at the grocery store for two weeks. It's so inconvenient. It's what sends people to the store most the time and totally cramps my style. I can go almost 3 weeks without shopping if I plan well. As for the mixer that's on it's way...can you say EXCITED!! I haven't done any baking since Maddie's birthday dinner rolls killed the Kitchen Aid mixer. I did get 8 years out of it, but how do you survive without a big, bad mixer? My old Kitchen Aid was the biggest bowl, with the biggest motor and I still killed it. This time I upgraded to the Bosch. It costs pretty much the same amount but I get 800 Watts of beastly power compared to 425 Watts. Lets hope I love it, it will be a little different design I'll have to adjust to. The ebay prize is a little something for Ben and Maddie for Christmas. They will love their airport, complete with a jet plane you can put people in, a luggage carrier, airport with checkin desk, etc, etc. It's our first "big kid" toy. Ben would be willing to play with baby looking toys still, but I figured I didn't want to waste my money on something that wouldn't be cool in a year or less because he thinks it looks like a baby toy. This one is big kid approved and he's gonna love it. Maddie is included in the present because, let's face it. She's gonna steal all the parts from Ben whether he likes it or not. I can already see the writing on the wall...there will be lots of fights over the airplane. Merry Christmas

No comments: