Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Shot Hurts Me

Maddie keeps telling me about the shot she got. Our family went to get flu shots on Saturday. I'm glad it's overwith. Both the kids had a rough time with it. They both fell asleep on the way there so I carried Maddie and Brian had Ben. We signed all the papers and I went first holding a sleepy Maddie on my lap. She woke up just in time to see what I was doing so I explained I was getting a little poke and the nurse put it in my shoulder. Then she got upset when I pulled down her pants to let the nurse give her a shot in the leg. I had to hold her tightly and she screamed for about one minute until she decided she'd rather eat the sucker they gave her than cry. We quickly left the room and let Brian sit down with Ben. From the lobby we could hear him freaking out and screaming at the top of his lungs. He was NOT happy. Brian prepared for the fight by pulling Ben's arm out of his shirt sleeve. Then he and the nurse tried to distract Ben while Brian held Ben's arms. Ben would not allow any distractions to get in the way of his screaming. He kept his gaze on the Nurse, who finally just went for it.
For the rest of the day Ben complained about how much his arm hurt and made sure no one touched it. That is of course until the Hyatt boys came for an afternoon playdate. At which time the arm was magically healed. It worked fine through the entire playdate. After they left, it stopped moving again because it magically started hurting again. By the next day he had pretty much forgotten about the shot. Maddie, however, has not forgotten. Every day, she keeps showing me where her arm hurts from the shot. Funny, she got it in her leg. She'll pull her sleeve up and tell me how terrible it feels and how it still hurts her and not to touch it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Aren't they something!

Beth got her flu shot on the same day as Jacob's 1 year check up (he got 5 shots). He was over it pretty quick, but you'd think we broke Beth's leg. She also made sure to tell me that I needed to get mine and reminded me for quite a while. Then, she cried when I got my shot. Oh Lord!