Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Life Is Now Complete

I have a not so secret obsession for advent calendars. I enjoy countdown chains for any occasion, but have a particular love for Christmas Advents. I have been searching for about 10 years for the perfect compilation of countdowns. I have always known that I need to have 5 good ones that I love. This is based on the fact that I grew up in a family of 4 kids. Therefore, four kids seems like the right number of kids for me. I need one advent for each kid to do each day and one for me. We'll have to rotate each day which calendar we get to open, close, change, read, light, etc. so everyone gets an even chance to do each one. That's just the way it has always worked in my head since I was a kid.
In my 10 year search for the perfect combination of Christmas Advents, many cheap ones have come and gone. I made several of them, some more complicated than others, some cuter than others. Some I bought. There have been two very specific ones I have wanted forever. I finally broke down and bought one of those wooden ones with doors that I have been salivating over for years and I love it. Silly, I know, but I am so excited and so are the kids. It is a pile of gifts in cute vibrant colors. Maddie can hardly keep her hands off of it. Now I need to find 25 scriptures and buy some small little treats like Hershey's kisses to stuff in each day. Then of course, put it up really high so the candy lasts until Christmas against the attack of little hands.

No comments: