Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Zufelt Family Feb 2015

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bruxism

How is your bruxism? I saw a report on the news today about teeth grinding. Apparently it's called bruxism. A year ago last fall I felt a chunk of something break off my tooth. I thought, dang, a filling or something fell out. I had an appointment with the dentist two weeks already scheduled, so when I went in I mentioned it. They couldn't find anything missing, but I did have three edges chipped off three different teeth. The dentist asked if I grind my teeth. If I did, it would easily explain what was going on. I didn't think I did. That night and for the next three days, I realized that I grind my teeth all day and all night. Ugh. So I got the darn night guard and in a week had weared it down severely. I guess I do grind my teeth! Who knew.

No comments: